Head Vet Nurse
Bundaberg South Vet Clinic, a modern and well-equipped small animal practice with a mobile service, is currently seeking a Head Vet Nurse to join their team.
The position is open for a permanent full-time role. The role of Head Vet Nurse will include training nurses, training new veterinary graduates on practise protocols, making practise protocols, assignment of employee roles, vet & vet-nursing rostering, reception work, surgery nursing, medical nursing, consultation nursing and workplace health and safety duties.
The Head Vet Nurse should be competent in complex surgeries such as TPLO, splenectomies, GDV management, limb amputations, triaging, emergency critical care nursing and must have capacity to work with little to no supervision. The Head Vet Nurse will also be responsible for admitting and discharging patients after consultations, hospitalisation, and surgical procedures.
The clinic operates from Monday to Friday, with opening hours from 8 am to 5 pm from Monday to Wednesday and Friday, and 8 am to 7 pm on Thursdays. There may be after-hours work or weekend work required.
The successful candidate will be offered above award wages and provided with specific training on the current clinic’s practices and procedures. As a team member of Bundaberg South Vet Clinic, the successful candidate will benefit from a supportive and collaborative work environment, opportunities for professional development and training, and a chance to make a positive impact on the lives of animals and their owners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary Tech/Nursing (or higher)
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in the field
- Head Nursing experience is an added advantage
- A sound knowledge of team leadership and veterinary practise protocols is required
- Excellent communication skills with clients, vets, and nurses working in surgery and hospital are essential
- Must be highly motivated, organised, and able to work independently as well as part of a team
If you’re a motivated natural leader, organised, and customer-oriented individual with a passion for animal care, please contact Dr Rue Bere – 0741520009, email@example.com.
Your application will include the following questions:
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of OH&S/WHS?
- How many years’ experience do you have as a veterinary nurse?
- Have you completed a qualification in veterinary nursing?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?